Re: Will te UUID or blkid of a device change?

Am 22.05.2024 um 21:19:35 Uhr schrieb Hans:

> Whenever I dd to the target stick, does the UUID change? I know, the
> UUID of the partitions are changing, but what is with the device
> itself?

No. The UUID is part of the file system and will just be copied.
Mounting based on the UUID will be ambiguous in that case, so you
should generate a new UUID for each file system that supports that.
Be aware that in a GPT the disk itself has a GUID and each partition a
PART-UUID that you maybe also want to change.

--
Gruß
Marco

Send unsolicited bulk mail to 1716405575muell@cartoonies.org