Re: Zutty fonts - zutty always uses the same font and fontsize

On 02/05/2024 10:11, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Thu, May 02, 2024 at 09:34:13AM +0700, Max Nikulin wrote:
On 01/05/2024 21:58, Sirius wrote:

I was right about .Xresources that it is one of the files used for loading
settings into the X server, but urxvt looks at .Xdefaults instead.

It is a bit strange. Applications should not read these files directly.
Content should be loaded during X session startup, see
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/30x11-common_xresources

After modification of .Xresources it is necessary to invoke xrdb(1).

I'm not sure about rxvt-unicode, but the original rxvt definitely
worked that way.

Almost certainly I was wrong. .Xresources should be read by xrdb, while .Xdefaults (older method) is read by applications.
https://superuser.com/questions/243914/what-is-the-difference-between-xresources-and-xdefaults

          1. app-defaults file in $XAPPLRESDIR
          2. $HOME/.Xdefaults
          3. RESOURCE_MANAGER property on root-window of screen 0
          4. SCREEN_RESOURCES property on root-window of the current screen
          5. $XENVIRONMENT file OR $HOME/.Xdefaults-<nodename>
          6. resources specified via -xrm on the commandline

It says you can use xrdb, but then lists the places it looks, and that
list does not include xrdb(?).  I don't understand what this means.

Items 3 and 4 in this list are places where xrdb stores properties.