Re: Zoom in the official repo is outdated

On Mittwoch, 24. April 2024 15:42:39 -04 Luiz Rom�o Santana Rios wrote:

> Hello,

> (Please cc me when replying as I'm not subscribed to the list)

> Earlier this month, I noticed I was no longer able to login to Zoom

> meetings using the client installed from the Debian repos. In order to

> join meetings, I had to uninstall it then install the flatpack Zoom

> package.

> I think it should either be updated or outright removed in favor of

> the flatpack version. What do you think? Should I report a bug?

> Sds,

> Rom�o

Hello Rom�o,

To me it seems that Zoom on your Debian installation will be outdated forever because it is not part of any Debian repository. Not even zoom.us hints on a repository lurking in the realms of proprietary software somewhere.
You need to install a new version from here:

 https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063458#h_adcc0b66-b2f4-468b-bc7a-12c182f354b7
You may download the package from herehttps://zoom.us/download?os=linux
Enter OS Type, architecture and further download the public key.
Check the package against it and then

dpkg -i zoom-package
You might have to install some additional dependencies manually.
Then hope that it will work as designed.

Have a nice day and all the best to you

--

Eike Lantzsch KY4PZ / ZP5CGE

On a note about Re: Sv: and so on "feature" of MS email clients.

Re: is not a short for "Reply" as MS seems to think.

A re (the ablative of res 'thing') has been used in English

since the 18th century to mean 'in the matter of', 'referring to'.