Re: LibreOffice removed from Debian

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:38:18 +0200
Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:

Hello Hans,

>I only hope, it will not happen the same fate like usermin and webmin
>happened to: It was once removed from the repoi with th ereason
>"spagehetti code, bad code" and then no one ever took a look again to

Which, no doubt, makes it harder to patch (if necessary).

>And webmin and usermin are still developed!

Based on the foregoing (i.e. above), they were exceptional cases.

>This is not mourning, please note, just things, I am just reflect my
>watchings.

Yeah, we all do it.  Sometimes.   :-)

I desire the return of certain behaviours in various programs, but it's
never going to happen;  I just had to get used to it.

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"