Re: Debian 12.5 up-to-date Xfce, Firefox clings to USB stick

On 16/04/2024 01:52, Curt wrote:
On 2024-04-15, David Wright wrote:
On 2024-04-04, Max Nikulin wrote:

If you do not trust Gmail as a web application, use a mail application
that supports IMAP.

Gmail supports IMAP since more or less forever.

AIUI the OP's problem was not when reading mail, but with mail
submission of attachments.

And in what way does that affect a true statement and a phraseology that
clearly implies an nonexistent incompatibility?

I am completely lost. Mail messages (with attachments) may be submitted to gmail using SMTP. Certainly it is possible to use different applications to read and to send mails, but by default I assume that users seek for a complete solution. I had a hope that my suggestion to use some mail user agent that support IMAP was clear enough. I expect that most of them (at least wide spread) support submission of mail as well.

Use code you trust and protocols having specifications available.

I admit that some users have troubles with OAuth2 authentication in various MUAs or with enabling application-specific passwords for their google account.