Re: Bluetooth sound problems playing from a web browser

Lee <ler762@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 7, 2024 at 3:30 PM Richmond wrote:
>>
>> Richmond writes:

>> > I installed Falkon and Konqueror. I tried Falkon and it worked
>> > fine, no sound problems. But then I tried Google-chrome again and
>> > that was working fine too, and so was Firefox-esr. The problems
>> > have gone away and even rebooting doesn't bring them back. Maybe
>> > one of those browsers brought a better library with it.
>>
>> These problems have come back again.
>
> So unless you've updated or installed new hardware or software it's
> probably not a firmware/software issue.
>
>> I have tried rebooting. I tried sending the same audio from an
>> android phone and it works fine. How do I find out what the problems
>> is? I cannot see errors in journalctl
>
> It's possible that wifi or usb 3.0 could be interfering with your
> bluetooth speakers - eg
> https://www.zdnet.com/article/usb-3-and-usb-c-devices-can-cause-problems-with-wi-fi-and-bluetooth-connections-but-theres-a-solution/

Thanks, I think this is the answer! I was having no problems today but
noticed that the PC was connected to 5Ghz. Sometimes it connects at
2.4Ghz. When I disabled 5Ghz and forced the PC to use 2.4Ghz the problem
came back. So now all I need to do is seperate those services and/or tie
the PC to 5Ghz.

The PC is a laptop but I never move it from the desktop. I am using a
USB mouse and USB keyboard adapter to an old IBM keyboard.