Re: Dependencies between components.

Hi,

I have not found a mistake in your considerations about "sane"
component inter-dependency.

However, package dependencies are declared upon a package with a
suitable version, whether this package can be set-up on a bespoke
target system remains to be determined by APT when the package is
installed or upgraded. Just consider for example some manually held
packages - These might break your package install even if all the
needed packages are downloadable (All the components needed are
correctly configured in sources.list ).

I hope this helps. I'd like to understand why you are asking this
question, this might enable us to give you better-suited information.

Ciao,
Simon

P.S.: I am sorry for first sending this to Tim directly - I should
take extra care when using this weird web interface here.