Re: Fwd: [oss-security] backdoor in upstream xz/liblzma leading to ssh server compromise

Hello,

On Fri, Mar 29, 2024 at 01:52:18PM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Seems relevant since Debian adopted xz about 10 years ago.

Though we do not know how or why this developer has come to recently
put apparent exploits in it, so we can't yet draw much of a
conclusion beyond "sometimes people do bad stuff to good software".

Sounds like it'll be an interesting story though. It's going to
drive a lot of conspiracy theories.

Thanks,
Andy