Re: making Debian secure by default

> Yes, it does.  I was hoping for something simple but it's becoming
> clear to me that there's no simple "make Debian secure for dummies"
> checklist to follow.

I think to a significant extent, Debian maintainers do aim to make Debian
"secure by default", to the extent possible (i.e. based on what is
expected to be a "normal/typical" use of the system).

Admittedly, "dummies" is not really the target audience for Debian, so
maybe the defaults aren't quite up to *that* task.

        Stefan