Re: debian12: something destroys /etc/network/interfaces at boot

Thank you for your mail.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 12:42 AM Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 06:33:42PM +0100, Steffen Dettmer wrote:
> > I changed a gateway on a remote site using /etc/network/interfaces by
> > changing gateway. However, at reboot some old gateway IP reappears. I
 I also think that there is some Debian packaging rule about one
> package not altering the config file of another package unless by
> co-operation between the maintainers, so if this does actually turn
> out to be Debian there might be bugs to report.

Thanks to Pierre-Elliott it became clear that this was caused
by a virtualisation platform, so to say "change from outside",
and thus I found nothing related "inside".
(This is a Proxmox feature to setup containers, and someone
made a mistake in the Proxmox configuration;so nothing
wrong in Debian at all)

Steffen