Re: printing QR-codes on labels with 300dpi label printers with LaTeX

On Sun, 2024-03-10 at 10:21 +0700, Max Nikulin wrote:
> On 10/03/2024 03:48, jeremy ardley wrote:
> >
> > Standard thermal label printers are 203DPI (8 dots per mm).
>
> Thanks, this number suits better to my expectation. I just trusted hw
> earlier.

I should clarify:

The printer the OP pointed to seems to be rated at 203DPI and I
somehow thought it had 300dpi.  (203 seems very odd.)

The printers I have been trying to print QR-codes on are actually
300dpi printers.  They can do both thermal transfer or use a ribbon
that transfers ink to the labels kinda like typewriters did.  I
haven't used the thermal transfer mode and only the ribbon/ink mode.

> > I have asked the postal service to generate labels at 203dpi which will
> > print just fine at 600 dpi and so work with laser and thermal printers,
> > but they will not cooperate.

Why would they create labels that can not be scanned when printed?

Maybe ask them to print the labels for you?  If they can't scan them
then that's their problem.