Re: printing QR-codes on labels with 300dpi label printers with LaTeX

On 10/3/24 05:41, hw wrote:
The QR-codes are sharp and easily scanable when printed in 600dpi.
With the label printer you can't really tell if they're sharp or not.

As  mentioned in my previous post, thermal label printers are 203dpi, *not the 300 that the OP quoted.*

you can read the OP specs here which say 203. <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08V28J3JS>.

Thermal label printers have no problems printing even long bar codes, QR codes, and data_matrix codes if the generator uses the correct dpi and the print process maintains the pixel mapping.

In my case my barcodes are 41 digits long (extreme GS1 !) and at 2 pixels per module (12 modules per digit) it is 123mm long which fits into a 150x100 thermal label

The data_matrix code (like a QRcode) for the same 41 digits is a 26x26 matrix which at 203dpi can have pixels of 8x8 dots in a field of 26x26mm. These are super easy for a thermal printer