Re: where are the crontab files in Trixie?

On 28/02/2024 10:35, David Wright wrote:
In which case, I'd write the remaining cron line as:

   @reboot sleep 99 && echo 13b1 0bdc > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/brcmfmac/new_id

I am in doubts if it is a task for cron. Wouldn't udev rules be better?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/442833/how-to-force-driver-to-device-match-in-linux/52943745#52943745
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/67936/attaching-usb-serial-device-with-custom-pid-to-ttyusb0-on-embedded/165845#165845

Moreover, to load and configure modules there are /etc/modprobe.d/ and /etc/modules.

If it is a weird device that may appear either as 13b1:0039 (supported by brcmfmac accordingly to modinfo) and 13b1:0bdc, may it happen that it is possible to use e.g. usb-modeswitch to adjust which way the device tries to present itself?