Re: AW: AW: su su- sudo dont work

Yes there are many updated kernels to choose from. Please go ahead and do so

On Sat, Feb 10, 2024 at 8:21 AM Schwibinger Michael <hbss@hotmail.com> wrote:
Yes.

I found out
I do use an old kernel.

Can LINUX update a kernel?

Regards
Sophie

Von: chris <tknchris@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. Februar 2024 19:35
An: Schwibinger Michael <hbss@hotmail.com>
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: su su- sudo dont work

Very helpful ty

On Wed, Feb 7, 2024, 1:57 PM Schwibinger Michael <hbss@hotmail.com> wrote:
Good afternoon.

The bug report

sudo ...
You are not in the sudoers file.
Regards
Sophie

Von: Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de>
Gesendet: Freitag, 26. Januar 2024 18:44
An: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

Am Freitag, 26. Januar 2024, 17:23:07 CET schrieben Sie:

Yes, if you want to install soemthing for example by using the apt command, best way is becoming root with the command "su -" and then install the rquired package.

Example:

su -  then enter the password of the user root

If installing for example firefox, first read the repository:

apt update

then install the package

apt install firefox-esr

-----

Hint: If you want a graphical method and you have no X and Wndow-Manager running (like KDE, Gnome, XFCE whatever), I suggest using aptitude.

You have to install aptitude first:

apt install aptitude

Then you can start the gui with the command "aptitude" as root.

Hint 2: aptitude is controlled by keypresses without any enter-key.

For example, when started aptitude, just press the "u" key and it reads the update, "U" (Shift + u)  marks all newer packages automatically to be updated, then press "g" and you will shwo, what it will do. Press "g" again, and it will do the update.

Please note: If you want to upgrade the whole sytem, then using apt or apt-get will be the better choice!

But aptitude is very well for installing single packages or weekly upgrades, where not much packages will be renewed.

If you are not much experienced, and you have a window-manager running like KDE, Gnome, XFCE, LXDE or another one, then look at synaptic. Synaptic is a graphical tool for installing packages, it is a GUI for apt.

Synaptic MUST run as root.

Hope this helps.

By the way: I believe, you are not very experienced in English language, so I suggest to suscribe in the fine German forum,

which is debian-user-german@lists.debioan.org.

Here is the link:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-user-german/

Good luck!