Re: Does "LC_ALL=C" work on all shells?

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 07:29:37PM -0500, Gremlin wrote:
> Upon investigation, I can not determine which package
> /etc/default/locale belongs too.

dpkg -S and apt-file will only find files that are actually shipped
in packages. Files that are created or used by maintainer scripts
but not actually shipped by a package will not be found by these
commands.

You can look in all the maintainer scripts to see where it's
mentioned:

$ grep -r /etc/default/locale /var/lib/dpkg/info

which leads me to believe it may be most relevant to the "locales"
package, but this does not enlighten us to how any particular entry
may have been added to that file.

I guess at some point something called update-locale with LC_ALL=C
or something.

Thanks,
Andy