Re: grub-pc error when upgrading from buster to bullseye

Hi,

John Boxall wrote:
> I am aware that the label and uuid (drive and partition) are replicated on
> the cloned drive, but I can't find the model number (in text format) stored
> anywhere on the drive.

Maybe the grub-pc package takes its configuration from a different drive
which is attached to the system ?

Somewhat wayward idea:
Does the initrd contain the inappropirate address ?
(I don't see much connection between initrd and grub-pc. But initrd is a
classic hideout for obsolete paths after modification of boot procedures.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas