Re: testing new sdm drive

> BTW2, there is a program for that, "badblocks", part of e2fsprograms, so
> chances are it's installed. I'd look into that man page.

`badblocks` sadly writes the same pattern on every block, AFAIK, so if
the drive just remaps new logical blocks to already used physical
blocks, `badblocks` may be convinced that the drive works fine even when
it doesn't.

So, if you want to use `badblocks`, you may want to do it on an
encrypted partition (that covers the whole device) rather than on the
raw device.

        Stefan