Re: Copy from Firefox and paste into Terminal with Vim

On 06/02/2024 18:33, Ralph Aichinger wrote:
As others have written, vim has changed copy+paste defaults some time
ago. Some even call this changing defaults "they broke copy+paste" 😉.

I am using vim in GUI terminal applications and I have not noticed it. Vim is a rare application that provides access to both PRIMARY_SELECTION and CLIPBOARD out of the box. E.g. in Emacs it is necessary to configure custom bindings, using existing user options you can choose any, but not both.

P.S.

Concerning set "mouse=", I usually use it, but even when mouse handling is active in terminal, it is possible to hold [Shift] to get mouse events handled by terminal instead of Vim or another application running in terminal.