printing problem, markdown files

debian bookworm everting updated earlier this morning.

I have an about 125 page .md file I need hardcopy of.
I have loaded into geany which recognizes it as an .md file but it had so 300 char lines so I've gone thru it and reformmated the long lines to a max of 72 chars.

1: Unfortunately, both printers now suddenly have no left borders so there's no "binding ditch" when printed duplex, no room for 3 hole punching the printout. So I had geany print the line numbers which will use up some damageable space used by the hole puncher.

2. I have also lost the top border, so a 90% shrink to assure the printer does not line wrap, no longer centers it on the page, a 2nd rather revolting development.

3. I am supposedly using brothers drivers (cups_browsed is not installed) which can make both printers do everything they can do. Those are NOT $49 walmart specials, but $130 and $750 printers that can and have done flawlees book length++ printouts in the past. htop says I am using the brother drivers, but I recall the print manager that pops up when you click on any editors print menu having those features until fairly recently, but that popup menu no longer has an options tab used to set that stuff.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks for any help

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)