Re: Linux supprt

On Mon, Nov 13, 2023, 2:56 PM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> In my experience I get much better support from the user community of
> an open source product then I get from paid support of a commercial
> product. Frequently I know more about the product than the person I am
> dealing with.

Same for me.  But I suspect we're in the minority.

I'll echo that. And yet in those work situations where I have needed support for licensed Linux products from Red Hat/IBM, Canonical and AWS, the support has almost always been better than online community support. Which of course I have also leaned on. And community support is  better than 90% + of support for other software products, for example dealing with BMC recently.

IOW supported Linux seems to be better supported than any other software these days. Both by vendors and by the community.

        Stefan