Von: Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@einval.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 27. Oktober 2023 17:22
An: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>; Schwibinger Michael <hbss@hotmail.com>
Betreff: Re: AW: Panic again

On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 02:52:00PM +0000, Schwibinger Michael wrote:
> Good afternoon
>
> Thank You for help
>
> I do write here with
> ###
>
> Hi Sophie,
>
> <snip>
> > +++
> > I know.
> > But how can I produce a bug report
> > when the PC is frozen?
> >

> Take an image - type out any message you see on screen
> and copy it into an email here?

Image - sorry, that's confusing. If you see a message / any text comes up on
screen, take a picture of what it says, then copy that text into an email
here.
<snip>

> > +++
> > I do booting---> Crash
> >

> What *sort* of crash?
>
> ###
> The machine is frozen
> and the message is:
> panic occured.

Kernel panic occurred?

Is there any other text or maybe lots of output ...

> PC cannot react on keyboard or mouse.
>
> I made foto of the last lines.

<snip>

> *  The machine hangs / does not take any input
>
> ###
> Yes.
>
>  / is
> locked up after some time - say 30 seconds - beyond that screen?
>
> ###
> Yes
> and the last lines
> I caught with a digicam.

<snip>

> > I do booting from HD
>
> So - the initial blue and white screen?
>
> ###
> We do it simple.
>
> One PC
> One user
> One OS
>
> We did install from CD
> and update until 9
> no problem.
>
> No special software.
>
> The screen is black.

What make of video card is inside the desktop PC?

Can that PC boot from a USB stick or anything other than a CD?

[If you go into the BIOS/firmware, there is often a setting to allow
booting from other sources than the hard disk. Many PCs also have a
key to hit immediately on booting to allow you to select some source
to boot from. On some PCs, that key is one of Delete / F2 / F7 or F12.
That does depend on the maker of the PC but is information that
you can find if you know who makes the motherboard.]

> > I interrupt booting and I do change to recobery mode
> > then there is DEBIAN 11.
> >
> How do you interrupt booting - what do you do to interrupt it?
>
> ####
> I start PC in the morning
> after seconds there is a menu:
>
> Debian
> Debian recovery
> We chose recovery.
>
> Not chosing recovery:
> Frozen PC
> after many messages.
>
> If you select recovery mode:
>
> At this point, there is a kernel running in memory and a minimal system.
>

> ###
> Sorry I dont understand.
>
> Do You ask for a special message.
>
> Where can I read it out.
>

> The disk is not really touched yet.
> >
> > > I do booting recovery mode
> > > all is fine.
> > >

> > ++++
> >
> > Sorry no.
> >
> > Morning.
> > I push button of PC
> >
> > PC is starting
> >
> > DEBIAN tried to boot.
> >

> We need to know as precisely as possible what it did: if the filesystem is
> corrupted or if there's another problem.
>

> ###
> How can I check it.
>
> I am beginners
> but I think GRUB is destroyed.
>
> I think file system is fine.
>
> Or any booting file is damaged.
>
> What files shal I read out?
>

> ###
>
> This not working.
> Sorry.
>

> ###
> I only can boot from HD.

See above: you may find a key that would allow you to boot from a USB/CD.