Re: Does anyone own and use a Kindle Scribe?

On Sun, 01 Oct 2023 15:02:49 +0100
Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble09.plus.com> wrote:

> Does anyone own and use a Kindle Scribe, and know how to access and
> copy files to and from since it moved over to it being mounted as an
> mtp device, please? As I'm getting desperate to copy files to it,
> that I want to read!

Calibre 6.26 and later claims to support the Scribe. You don't mention
your distribution, only testing and unstable have it in the
repositories, but there is a binary download which contains all
dependencies available:

https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

The author recommends using this download instead of a repository
version anyway, "as those are often buggy/outdated."

Calibre converts/creates ebooks and is generally a useful accessory for
a Kindle or other hardware reader. No, I'm not on commission.

--
Joe