Re: Trixie upgrade

On 27 Sep 2023 12:27 +0100, from mick.crane@gmail.com (mick.crane):
> I only changed "bookworm" to "trixie in sources.list.
> "apt update"
> "apt upgrade"
> "apt autoremove"
>
> coinor-libcoinmplv5 was held back but
> "apt full-upgrade" upgraded it.
> Don't know what that was about but all seems painless.

Last I looked, apt update / apt upgrade / apt full-upgrade was the
recommended upgrade method for a major-release Debian upgrade.

_Running only apt update / apt upgrade will leave you with a partially
upgraded system_ with some parts from the new version of Debian (that
which you are upgrading to) and some parts held back at the version
from the old version of Debian (that which you are upgrading from).

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”