Re: just a question about the iwlwifi_20230515-3 file

On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 19:47:00 +0000
"Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com> wrote:

> At this point, you are not root and so dpkg -i complains.

Actually she is root (the # in the prompt, and the username@host at the
beginning of the prompt, assuming she hasn't played with her prompts).
What she does not have, apparently, is ldconfig or start-stop-daemon in
her path, as dpkg diagnosed at the end of that message. This is likely
due to gaining root privileges without setting the path correctly.

E.g. gaining root privileges with "su" vs. "su -i".

Sorry to nitpick, but I hope the OP is will read this and, I hope,
learn from it.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com