Re: [partly solved] Re: mounting media in plasma5

On 7/4/23 23:14, Max Nikulin wrote:
On 04/07/2023 22:06, gene heskett wrote:
or deb which appears to be a snap

Debugging of snap and similar isolation technologies heavily relying on namespaces (mount and other ones) sounds like an off-topic in the thread where udisks2 magic is the most likely issue.

.
Sorry to offend, but that was precisely my point. There appears to be a clash in ACL's for camera apps, one that does NOT generate a visible error msg. digikam cannot write to my raid10 /home storage, and Kamosa can't even read it, saying /home/gene/Pictures with over 8000 images in several subdirs, is empty.

Any blocking by app acls would have to start in udisks2 ack what I'm reading. If that is not the case, please explain how to fix, and what to fix since it all Just Worked with bullseye.

Thank you Max

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis