Re: Removing i386 architecture

On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 06:32:27 +0200
<tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 09:27:11PM -0400, paulf@quillandmouse.com
> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Nice try. However, this isn't allowed, as it would apparently remove
> > libcrypt1:i386, which is apparently a "system-critical" package. I'm
> > not sure how this could be system critical, since my original
> > installation was 64 bit. This begins to look like a reinstall, in
> > order to get my system "clean". Unless anyone has other ideas.
>
> This has even made it into a bug report [1]. It seems that just adding
> the --allow-remove-essential option is what you need.
>
> Cheers
>
> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1001015;msg=7

Amazing, the bug reporter had virtually the same problem as I did.
Unfortunately, I decided to reinstall anyway. I accumulate cruft
(packages I install just to test and forget to uninstall), so I figured
a fresh install of Bookworm with just the packages I wanted would be
best.

In any case, thanks for your advice.

Paul

--