Re: ipv6 maybe has arrived.

On Mon 13 Feb 2023 at 11:39:31 (+0100), Christoph Brinkhaus wrote:
> Am Sat, Feb 11, 2023 at 09:29:16PM -0600 schrieb David Wright:
>
> please excuse the late reply. I have had a side discussion with Tomas
> in German about the issue I observed, too.

> [deleted almost everything]

Wisely done: we don't need it twice … and logs can be lengthy.

> I have seen the 169.254.xxx.yyy on my system, too.
> It is a Debian Bullseye. To check if Debian works on this hardware I
> have simply select the xfce4 option in the installer. Either the avahi
> stuff or xfce4 triggered the setup of the 169.254.xxx.yyy adress.
> Disabling the start of the avahi-daemon did not change the situation.
> Deinstall of avahi-daemon did not help, too.
>
> Today I have deleted almost everything of avahi and xfce4. After a
> reboot the 169.254.xxx.yyy is no more configured.

Yes, and that's a problem for anyone trying to replicate the
configuration of these addresses: we usually never see files
and logs from offending systems, but just reports of package
deletion or, even less helpful, so-called nuking of random files.

Cheers,
David.