Re: support for ASUS AC1200 USB-AC53 Nano wifi dongle

Gary Dale <gary@extremeground.com> writes:

> I thought this would be easier than it's turned out to be. There are Internet posts going back years about support for this device but nothing recent -
> including a 5 year old Ubuntu post saying it works. Other wifi devices seem to be recognized out of the box or with a simple install of non-free firmware but
> not this one - at least not in Bullseye or Bookworm.

Hm. What I found was the driver has been integrated in kernel 6.2 and if
you need to build it for an older kernel, then they're supported too.
Versions 5.12-6.2 have community support and 4.19-5.11 are supported by
Realtek. I don't know what that means exactly though.

Source: https://github.com/morrownr/88x2bu-20210702

I can try to build this with Debian's stable 5.10 kernel at some point
but I don't have the hardware.