Re: OT: Auto repeat on <Escape> key (not a Debian specific question)

rhkramer@gmail.com (12023-02-03):
> Is there a way to setup auto repeat for the <Escape> key?  Or maybe I could
> assign <Escape> to some other key that already has auto repeat?

Yes, you have to type the following command: "".

Escape has already auto-repeat enabled by default. You can check it with
xev, or even with a terminal in cooked mode (i.e. not running an
interactive shell with line editor or a curses program).

Your problem is probably that the web browser tries to be smart. There
is usually no solution to programs trying to be smart, alas.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George