Re: ASCII formatting for plain text email

On Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 07:49:18PM +0100, Pierre Willaime wrote:
I would like to format plain text emails to increase readability and
information separation. The idea is to go beyond markdown and to have
more visible elements.

If you do this, please have some consideration for how screen readers
will handle your message. I am not an expert on them (and so I ask you
go and look elsewhere for information/confirmation) but I believe if you
use symbols which have a semantic meaning other than for drawing boxes,
you risk your message being unintelligible to screen reader users. On
the other hand there are unicode symbols that are specifically for
drawing boxes which, and again I stress please fact-check me here, will
not cause such problems.

--
Please do not CC me for listmail.

👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland