Re: Server Static IP and At&T's BGW210

On 1/19/23 17:08, john doe wrote:
On 1/19/23 22:15, Tom Browder wrote:
I am trying to use my new public static IP for my Debian PC which is ready for it security-wise (thanks to advice from this ML; note I will initially
allow access only via ssh from the IP address of one of my remote hosts).

-Tom

If I may, use bridge mode or a modem but do not use a router from your ISP.
To me, the simple fact that you are asking this question is enough to
not trust what you have from your ISP!

--
John Doe

Good advice. My whole home net is in the 192.168.xxx.yyy area, natted in MY router running dd-wrt. I've totally transparent access to the whole world, but that whole world has not touched me in 20 years.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis