Missing links of libraries (*.so) on Debian 11

Hello All,

I recently noticed that some of the library soft links on my Debian 11 system are missing which were there in the previous versions. I have a program loading one of these shared objects dynamically but is failing as it is unable to locate the file.

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libaudit.so

This is the missing .so file in debian11. This file was present on the previous versions of Debian and other Linux distros as well.

A similar pattern is observed with the other files(*.so) in the same folder.

Could someone let me know what the change is and what is the new convention being used?
--
Regards,

Avtansh Gupta
+91 8743068185