Re: Mason service on personal computer

On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 18:57:52 -0500
Daniel Rodriguez <alearningmagnus@gmail.com> wrote:

> I read on the web and it suggests that it works when one uses a
> firewall in the middle of the network to administrate. I don't have a
> firewall, it's a simple personal PC, but I would like to confirm if
> this is a service that is working for no reason on my personal PC;
> otherwise, does it have a different purpose?

You may not have a physical box that sits between your computer and the
Internet. But you almost certainly have some sort of software firewall
on your PC, which does much the same thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firewall_(computing)

apt-cache show mason

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?