Re: Zoom on Bookworm?

On 12/19/23 02:53, John Conover wrote:
Does the Zoom client work on Bookworm with pipewire?

Zoom works fine on Bookworm using mainstream Logitech camera/microphone. It coexists with pipewire on the system where I use it, but does not show that as a dependency.

Installing it will drag in its dependencies, if they are not installed. Dpkg --info for the current Debian install file shows:

====
 new Debian package, version 2.0.
 size 181054970 bytes: control archive=34820 bytes.
    1329 bytes,    18 lines      control
  122532 bytes,  1403 lines      md5sums
     593 bytes,    18 lines   *  postinst             #!/bin/bash
     226 bytes,    11 lines   *  postrm               #!/bin/bash
 Package: zoom
 Version: 5.17.0.1682
 License: see https://www.zoom.us/
 Vendor: Zoom Video Communications, Inc.
 Architecture: amd64
 Maintainer: Zoom Linux Team <https://support.zoom.us>
 Installed-Size: 654828
 Depends: libglib2.0-0, libxcb-keysyms1, libxcb-xinerama0, libdbus-1-3, libxcb-shape0, libxcb-shm0, libxcb-xfixes0, libxcb-randr0, libxcb-image0, libfontconfig1, libxi6, libsm6, libxrender1, libpulse0, libxcomposite1, libxslt1.1, libsqlite3-0, libxcb-xtest0, libxtst6, ibus, libxkbcommon-x11-0, desktop-file-utils, libgbm1, libdrm2, libxcb-cursor0, libxcb-icccm4, libfreetype6 (>= 2.6), libgbm1 (>= 17.1.0~rc2)
 Recommends: libegl1-mesa, libgl1-mesa-glx
 Section: default
  Zoom brings people together to connect and get more done in a frictionless, secure video environment. Our easy, reliable, and innovative video-first solutions provide video meetings and chat, with additional options for webinars and phone service.
  .
  Zoom is the leading unified communications platform and helps individuals, schools, healthcare professionals and enterprises stay connected. Visit blog.zoom.us and follow @zoom_us.
  .
  By installing this app, you agree to our Terms of Service (https://zoom.us/terms) and Privacy Statement (https://zoom.us/privacy).
====

As with any product, it always is a wise to consider the terms of use and other legal documentation and exercise discretion.

If you decide to use it, I use (as root)

  apt install zoom_amd64.deb

It installs under /opt except for a symbolic link /usr/bin/zoom -> /opt/zoom/ZoomLauncher

Regards,
Tom Dial

     Thanks,

     John