Re: update-ca-certificates

On 12/13/23 21:47, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 7:55 PM Pocket <pocket@columbus.rr.com> wrote:
What formats does certs need to be to work with update-ca-certificates?

PEM or DER?
PEM

Ok since I am using an intermediate cert to sign, I am creating a combined PEM with the root CA and the intermediate cert like this

cat "$directory"/certs/intermediate.cert.pem "$ca_directory"/certs/ca.cert.pem > "$directory"/certs/ca-chain.cert.pem

Will that work or does the cert have to be a single cert?

I have just finished writing some scripts to generate certs for my email
server and nginx server.

[...]
Will pem format type certs work?
Yes.

You should also place the certificates in
/usr/local/share/ca-certificates . Make the directory if it does not
exist. And then run update-ca-certificates from the directory.

Jeff

That sub directory does indeed exist, so I need to run update-cert-certificates from

/usr/local/share/ca-certificates or can I just run update-cert-certificates as root?

Thanks

--
It's not easy to be me