Re: Isolated Web Co Session crash Firefox-ESR

On Sun, Dec 3, 2023 at 6:21 AM jeremy ardley <jeremy.ardley@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/12/23 13:59, Phil Wyett wrote:
> > Your system RAM total is?
>
> 32G

You might also want to try compressed memory, like zram.

> > You have swap and it is enabled?
>
> No Swap. I prefer not on SSD

In this configuration, you may want to set `vm.overcommit_memory = 2`
since there is no page file. I don't think it will make the OOM go
away, but it will set a policy more in line with what you are doing.
(It may move the OOM from some random program to the browser, since
the browser is grabbing large amounts of memory).

But I would use a swap file, and set `vm.swappiness = 1`. That tells
the OS to do just about everything except use the swap file. I use
this for all my dev boards with SDcards. The swap file is needed
because the dev boards often lack resources, like having 512 MB of
RAM. (In my case, I need to run a C++ compiler, so I have to have a
swap file or accept the Denial of Service and not get my work done).

Jeff