Re: Firefox 115.5.0esr(64-bit) can't show mp4

On 2/12/23 06:10, Van Snyder wrote:
When I try to view a mp4 video in Firefox 115.5.0esr(64-bit) on Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster), it puts up a sad-face window saying "No video with supported format and MIME type found." It doesn't offer to download the file, or play it with an external application.

ffmpeg is installed and up-to-date.

Can it be made to work?

I have not exactly the same problem but video related. 115.3.0 esr can play videos mostly OK but after an extended period of time (say a day or so) the video controls become sluggish and the CPU goes through the roof. I have to completely kill all processes including the video container processes before it can be restarted and run normally.