Code of Conduct reminder [WAS Re: Alpine/Gmail/Imap expert needed.]

On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 12:37:53PM -0500, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 12:26 PM Karen Lewellen
> <klewellen@shellworld.net> wrote:
> >
> > You are entitled to your opinion, which I respect.
> > Given how some choose to answer, speaking personally, If they wanted to be
> > here, they would already be here.
>
> Well, I think it is good troubleshooting.
>
> The first problem your associate is going to have is, you will
> mis-state or mis-translate the problem. Then, the next problem your
> associate is going to have is, you will mis-state or mis-translate the
> answer you got from the list. All you are doing is muddying the waters
> and complicating the process.
>
> The first thing I would do is get you out of the equation, and deal
> directly with the mailing list for the problems at hand.

This is a mail which I am writing as a member of the Debian Community Team.
I would like to remind you - and all involved in this discussion - of the
Debian Code of Conduct and mailing list code of conduct.

One thing that is asked of all of us is to be respectful and constructive.
I think the above two paragraphs are not constructive and are impolite.

I would ask you to consider carefully that this does not show you in your best
light and was unnecessary. At the end of every email is another human being:
each of us has different experience, needs, and an absolutely individual
experience of Debian. Karen has her own needs: I don't think that this
particular exchange has been helpful and doesn't show this list in a
good light.

if you were to meet in a social setting, would you feel as justified in
being blunt? If not, then please also reconsider your tone for the
future: not every email needs to be replied to, certainly not in this way
if you cannot add anything useful.

Andy Cater
[For the Community Team]
but that actually these comments were unnecessary.