Re: Hardware Advice Wanted: Router

On Thu, 2023-11-16 at 15:56 +0800, jeremy ardley wrote:
> The FriendlyPC version run a vendor version of Debian with some packages
> especially compiled for the device such as ffmpeg and graphics drivers
>
> Armbian is usually a bit slower in releases and produces a more
> canonical Debian version with differences in the SBC specific device
> drivers using dynamic overlays. Most packages are pure debian
<snip>

Thanks for replying. I'm just want something to act as a router, NAS
using NFS, and SMTP/IMAP sever for my email. I.e. Ethernet, USB and
SATA. What I have at the moment works finem its just that when Debian
drops support for the armel architecture I'm going to have to fork out
for new hardware, so am keeping my eye out for cheap options.

Another alternative is to just build armel myself. That might work for
the first release after the architecture is dropped, assuming it isn't
dropped for some major region, like broken compilers etc.

--
Tixy