Re: Hardware Advice Wanted: Router

On 14.11.23 10:45, Anssi Saari wrote:
Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> writes:

My FIT-PCs that provide network services are getting old, and i386
Linux is slowly fading away. So I would like to replace them with a
router/gateway computer.

I built a router with an APUD4D board and case from
pcengines.ch. They're going out of production but are currently
available.

I put Debian on mine and love it to bits. It's been quite some fun too
setting up failover via LTE and enabling IPv6 using 6rd tunneling but
that stuff is extra.

To your specs, there's no video, just serial console and ethernet of
course. Wifi and LTE are optional, storage is mSATA SSD. From memory,
power consumption is about 9W, the case is used as a heat sink to
dissipate that.

I have a Fujitsu Futro s920 (the model with 2x2.2 GHz)
with a 4-port Gbit NIC and a Mini PCIE to SATA adapter for RAID
and 16GB RAM.

Round about 170€ without HDD/SSD