Re: Password managers

On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 5:25 AM Timothy M Butterworth <timothy.m.butterworth@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 3:11 AM John Conover <conover@panix.com> wrote:
John Darrah writes:
> On Thu, 2023-11-09 at 16:03 -0800, paulf@quillandmouse.com wrote:
> > Folks:
> >
> > Does anyone know of a password manager which will store a variety of
> > user-defined information for each login, and not store that
> > information
> > on the internet (and which is free as in beer)?
> >

> Take a look at 'secrets' which is a Gnome native app. It uses a
> database and key file compatible with Password Safe.

I have been looking for a password manager that was as simple and easy to use as password manager and Secrets is definitely it. Thanks so much for pointing out this program.

I spoke to soon Password Safe is now available for Linux. https://sourceforge.net/projects/passwordsafe/files/Linux/1.18.0/ I used to run Password Safe in Wine. It is so good to see that it has been ported to linux.

Pass works well, too. http://www.passwordstore.org/.
Uses gpg encryption.

    John

--