Re: AW: Anybody familiar with dd (copy)?

On 11/8/23 05:22, Schwibinger Michael wrote:
Von: David Christensen Gesendet: Freitag, 3. November 2023 21:56
On 11/3/23 12:37, Schwibinger Michael wrote:
I want to copy a problem-DVD to HD with DD.
Or is there any other software which can do it in an easy way?

I found:

dd if=/dev/sr0 of=/tmp/dvd.bin conv=noerror oflag=direct

It does not work.

What do I do wrong?

Please run the following commands as root and post the complete console
session -- prompts, commands entered, and output displayed:

# cat /etc/debian_version ; uname -a

# df

# dd if=/dev/sr0 of=/tmp/dvd.bin conv=noerror,fsync iflag=fullblock
bs=2048 status=progress

> dd: konnte '/dev/sr0' nicht öffnen: Kein Medium gefunden
>
> could not open '/dev/sr0': No media found
>

> Good afternoon
> Thats the same bug report
> with the task I did post at the beginning.
> Where do I have to start the task?

Thank you for translating to English.

Please use inline posting style.

When you post console output, please include the prompt, the command entered, and the output obtained. For example:

2023-11-08 12:02:28 root@taz ~
# cat /etc/debian_version ; uname -a
11.8
Linux taz 5.10.0-26-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.197-1 (2023-09-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Please open the optical drive drawer, shutdown the computer, use a cotton swap and isopropyl alcohol to clean the lens of the optical drive, wait for the alcohol to evaporate completely, boot the computer, and run the following commands as root. Post the complete console
session -- prompts, commands entered, and output displayed:

# cat /etc/debian_version ; uname -a

# df

# dd if=/dev/sr0 of=/tmp/dvd.bin conv=noerror,fsync iflag=fullblock bs=2048 status=progress

David