Re: Changing host name and domain name on Debian;was:Domainnametouse on home networks

On Wed, Nov 1, 2023 at 8:35 PM Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 01, 2023 at 08:18:45PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> > On 11/1/23 19:30, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > > The problem is, you haven't yet told us *whose* bugzilla-based bug
> > > tracking system you're talking about.  That makes it hard for anyone
> > > to offer assistance.
> > >
> > I wasn't aware there was more than 1 Greg, debian of course
>
> As far as I'm aware, Debian doesn't use bugzilla.

Debian uses the infamous BTS or Bug Tracking System. Sometimes it is
called Debbugs. Others (and you) already provided
<https://www.debian.org/Bugs/> and
<https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting>. Add me as a "mee too" (but I
don't think it will help).

The short of it is, send an email to <submit@bugs.debian.org>. The
email must be formatted in a particular way. The important parts that
must be at the head of the email's body are the Package and Version
fields. Package and Version are part of the "pseudo-headers":

    Package: b43-fwcutter
    Version: 1:019-7
    Tags: sid

dpkg will provide the package name and version.

I sometimes use the X-Debbugs-CC field to include a CC, if someone
other than the package maintainer should receive an email.

After the pseudo-headers, describe the problem. I.e., provide the text
of the bug.

Jeff