Re: Domain name to use on home networks

On 10/30/23 12:48, Pocket wrote:

On 10/30/23 12:43, gene heskett wrote:
On 10/30/23 12:16, John Hasler wrote:
Why do you have NetworkManager installed at all?
Std image dd'd to u-sd card install on the arm64 stuff, can't get away from it. You can only make it somewhere near right and sudo chattr +i the files before networkmangler discovers you've fixed it.

upon first boot....

apt purge --autoremove network-manager

Then don't fight the feeling...........

I just did that to one of my arm64 boards, its took about 8 or 9 other accessory files to NM with it, but no net after a reboot which looks otherwise normal.. Now where it the RIGHT place to put the net info? ip a says its DOWN. /e/n/interfaces has only lo info in it.

Thank you, Pocket.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis