Re: can you parse and "tail" at once? (and if you can't why not?)

Hello,

On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 08:50:55PM +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
> Greg, please, I would like for you to understand that it is not my
> intention to upset you about what you find visually upsetting. We
> have talked about that before.

Most of the points Greg makes to you are matters of correctness, not
matters of taste.

I don't know how many times you will have the opportunity to
continue talking with knowledgable people who try to help you, if
you dismiss their points as them just being "upset" over aesthetics.

>  I am sure you could certainly understand that there are reasons why
> some people build certain habits and that not everyone gets upset
> about the same kinds of "secondary accidents" (as Aristotle would put
> it). Some people may have a hard time even noticing what upsets you.

Most of the time when asking for help from people with a lot more
knowledge than me in a given subject, I tend to assume that if I
find something they say to be oddly picky or unnecessarily strict
then it's most likely because of a gap in my own knowledge, rather
than them trying to make me slaves to their own personal style.

Thanks,
Andy