Sound only as root

Hi folks,

I am wondering of an application, which is getting sound only when started as
root. When I start this aapplication as a normal user, sound is not working.

Please note, that generally sound is working as a normal user, only this
application needs root.

Environment:

Debian stable with pipewire, window manager is plasma5 (but every other wm
shows the same problem).

I am in the group "audio".

What might first help, I would like to know, if the settings of /dev/snd/* are
correct:

/dev/snd = root:root , drwxr-xr-x

All others below /dev/snd are set

crw-rw--- = root:audio

Is this correct? If yes, any hints, why this special application will have to
use root right?

This application is a flight sim (X-Plane by Laminar Resaerch), a commercial
product, but if it is a bug in the application, I suppose, they will fix it.
Theire support is very well. However, I want to get sure, that everything is
correct by me, before I blame myself.

Any idea might be well.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards