Re: Help fixing package dependencies during Debian 11 -> 12 upgrade

On 11 Oct 2023 11:08 +0530, from 1rishikakade9@gmail.com (Rishikesh Kakade):
> I am trying to upgrade my system from Debian 11 to Debian 12.

Okay.

First things first: did you read through and follow the upgrade
preparation portions of the Bookworm release notes? Going straight for
`apt full-upgrade` _might_ work but is not the recommended upgrade
method for going from one major release to the next.

> When I run sudo apt full-upgrade,
> [...]
> libc6-dev : Breaks: libnetcdf-dev (<= 1:4.9.0-3) but 1:4.7.4-1 is to be
> installed

I didn't check the other ones, but this doesn't seem right. For that
package, Bullseye is at package version 1:4.7.4-1, but Bookworm is at
1:4.9.0-3+b1, so apt _shouldn't_ try to install 1:4.7.4-1 as part of
an upgrade to Bookworm.

My guess would be that you have some stale Bullseye repository in your
apt sources list, either from Debian or some third-party repository.
See https://www.debian.org/releases/bookworm/amd64/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html#system-status

Please share the output of: grep -r -v '^#' /etc/apt/sources.list*

Please take care to not introduce any line breaks in that output which
are not in the original.

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”