Re: Debian live boot corrupting secure boot

Il 04/10/2023 17:11, Max Nikulin ha scritto:

from Windows update. Then I installed Windows 11 with upgrade assistant.
So far, no blacklist of old Clonezilla.

Do you mean that installing Windows 10 or 11 from scratch could behave differently?

I am curious if just booting a recent media published by Microsoft (not install, just booting till first dialog) may change secure boot keys. If I have got you right, Windows with all updates installed still allows to boot old Clonezilla.

Just booting had no effect. Even a Windows 11 complete install from scratch (on empty disk) does not block old Clonezilla boot.

Tried also with "get latest updates as soon as they are available" option.

I did it to exclude something not standard in OEM installation.

If firmware has the "EFI shell" option then you may try "bcfg boot dump -v". Unsure if it is possible to redirect output to a file.

I'll try. Is there nothing inside Linux efi tools?

Sorry, your question is unclear for me. I was trying to suggest a way to inspect UEFI boot variables without disturbing its state. If Linux images may do something with secure boot keys then I see the following alternatives:
- Firmware may have EFI shell boot option included
- Perhaps there are some tools for Windows

Now I have a machine again. No, there is only the entry for "EFI shell", but no one is included in firmware. It wants it on a usb key, and says that you have to disable secure boot to make it work.

So it doesn't seem to be a good diagnostic platform for secure boot.

My idea is to load tools on old Clonezilla, to compare the condition between before and after new Clonezilla boot.
I cannot use a new Linux, because I would see a just changed condition.

EDIT:
Now I've tried Fedora live: it doesn't act like Debian. After it, I can still boot old Clonezilla. Not only at grub page: I can also load live environment.
This is what I expect from a live.
So I can use it to dig into secure boot keys.