Re: apt error, fresh install Debian 12/Dell desktop

On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 04:31:15PM +0100, Tixy wrote:
> On Tue, 2023-10-10 at 17:11 +0200, Anders Andersson wrote:
> > This is a bit crazy. It can't be a "fresh install" if you have the
> > amd64 kernel trying to configure the closed firmware for a raspberry
> > pi.
>
> As Махно pointed out in another reply [1], this does really seem to be
> the case. If you follow the thread they linked to it occurs when
> installing from the 12.0 live image and there are claims it's fixed in
> 12.1.
>
> [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2023/10/msg00269.html

It *was* an issue for 12.0, discovered almost immediately _after_ the
release :(

It was fixed very quickly in the release process - the workarounds given
fix it very quickly if you happen to be unfortunate.

There are good reasons why I recommend people to use the standard Debian
installer and _not_ the debian-live images and also why I recommend people
to bring their computer up to date with the latest software before raising
issues.

/me reminds people that the latest versions of supported software are 11.8
and 12.2 as of last Saturday.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy

[amacater@debian.org]