Re: Does anyone own and use a Kindle Scribe?

On Tuesday,  3 Oct 2023 at 08:32, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> Yes, calibre is very good, and I've at last managed to get it to
> acknowledge the kindle scribe, but only by deleting most of the mtp
> programs that I'd been installing to try and get the scribe and my
> computer communicating with each

[...]

> QMessageBox, QLabel,
>   ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PyQt4'
>   Device 0 (VID=1949 and PID=9981) is UNKNOWN in libmtp v1.1.20.
>   Please report this VID/PID and the device model to the libmtp
> development team

It looks like there's still some mtp stuff potentially causing problems?

How did you install calibre?  From the website directly or via apt?
Depending on the version of Debian you are using, the calibre from apt
may be more than good enough.  The version on Debian 12 (Buster?
Bullseye?  I cannot remember) is quite recent.

Alternatively, you could post on the mobilread.com forum devoted to all
things calibre: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166
It's a very helpful community, I have found.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-06-19) on Debian 12.0